The basic SSD installation process can be summarized in five easy steps:
- Shut down your system and remove the power cord
- Use a screwdriver to open the case
- Use your owner’s manual to locate your existing storage drive
- Remove the existing drive, and unattach any data transfer cables that were connected to it
- Attach data transfer cables to your new SSD and secure it in your system’s storage bay
- Reassemble your system, power it on, and get ready for a whole new level of performance!
Of course, there’s more to it than this, but we’ll explain all the details in our step-by-step install videos. No matter what type of system you have, we’ll walk you through the process, using relatable words and terms that are easy to understand.
After helping tens of thousands of people all over the world install SSDs - people of all ages, backgrounds, and computer skill levels - we’re convinced you have what it takes to install an SSD. If little kids can do it, so can you!